Sunday, December 22, 2019

Day 22: So very very tired


Can I just write here in tiny, tiny letters…this is like a whisper and say that tonight I am exhausted…
Am I allowed to say that tonight this feels almost too much and that my feet are aching…
I have been up since six and it is 8 in the evening and this is the first time, I am sitting…
There are so many last minute things to check… all the drinks for all the food and all the little add-ones to every meal… and the napkins and … and I just realized I have not yet polished the silver spoons the girls got as babies and they still eat their Christmas morning rice pudding with them and they need to be polished…
and I yet need to decide the wine…
and that my washing machine broke…
but the wrapping is done…
It is late and I would love to knit for a while, but I am too tired.
I am just going to drink tea, be by myself, alone in the dark and then I will crawl into bed… It is good to be tired after a day’s work, and the soft pillow will feel perfect.
Wool with you,
Lene

12 comments:

  1. Wool and good sleep to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee C David20:46

    LOL Sounds like a little hibernation just might be the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Wake me up in spring!! xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a lovely quiet cup of tea and a very good night's sleep :)
    Or as I say to the goats and hens every night as I'm finishing chores: "I hope you had lovely day, I hope you have a comfortable and refreshing night, and I hope to see you all in the morning - that is certainly my plan!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest well and take good care. May a cup of hot tea and a warm bed refresh your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you are feeling more rested today. Wishing you the joy and peace of the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vera, same to you! xx

      Delete
  6. Dream sweet wool dreams and wake up refreshed to enjoy time with your family.

    ReplyDelete