Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Day 17: Finally a new sweater

You did think it was for me...

I wish it was, because I would really love to have one like this...


She looks warm now. And you would not believe how much enjoyment I got from making this.

Wool with you,
Lene

PS. There have been couple of inquiries of the size of the kittens. I answered in the comments, but in case you did not see them... they are about 6-8" (15-20cm) tall, most are around 6", I try to keep them small. But the size depends on the yarn, and how much stuffing I put inside. I use the same stitch counts and the same size of needles mostly, but some yarns bounce back and some don't and so the result varies, which is good, because then it makes them different personalities. I use wool stuffing, so they are quite sturdy, and lovely to hold and can handle lots of cuddling without losing their shape. 


14 comments:

  1. so small for such big impact - I agree - I would love to have her sweater also - but she wears it well and needs it more! She is quite stylish!!!! Have you ever shared the pattern for the cats? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, xx. (I have not written a pattern for the cats that could be published. Just have my scribbles for stitch and row counts.)

      Delete
  2. OMG - simply darling! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are smaller than I envisioned! I thought they were around a foot tall. So that is a very small sweater indeed! It amazes me that you can knit them to fit; I have not mastered that "knitting to fit" skill....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, xx. It is very easy to make them fit, because if it does not, it is just a few rows to rip and knit again... that is the only secret in the making! ;-)

      Delete
  4. So cute! Knitting tiny sweaters is fun. I did a whole garland of them for work & it is my favourite Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, xx. They are fun... and to make a whole garland! It must look amazing!

      Delete
  5. She is so cute. I love her sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous19:37

    Are your recently-completed shawls on Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are, need to do that at some point...

      Delete
  7. You would not believe how much enjoyment I got from seeing this!
    The only tiny things I've knitted have been little socks for babies and toddlers, but I like to think if I had a cat needing a sweater, I'd try to make a nice one like this. Look how pleased the cat looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dressing the cats... don't seem to get anything big finished! (I was looking at your goats today, such beauties!)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Lene, I will tell them you said that! I always tell them when I put a picture on the blog or when someone says something nice about them :)

      Delete