Friday, December 06, 2019

Day 6: Happy Independece Day Finland!


Happy Independence Day to my fellow Finns!

In the middle of the darkest time of the year, we celebrate our independence.

There are a few traditions, but one of them is that all over Finland, from 1800-1900 (6pm to 7pm) candles are being lit on the windowsills. And of course, my silly little creatures, follow this tradition and have candles lit.
Beforehand there was a long talk about the dangers of real candles and that the flame is truly hot. I hope that nobody burns their whiskers tonight. Small buckets of water are standby next to the candles.

Wool with you,
Lene

8 comments:

  1. Happy Independence day Lene. I hope soon my country will also be independent (Scotland).
    I love your creative posts and I love your whimsical posts like today's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Independence Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emilia12:22

    I was so happy to look in here this morning and find out that you will be posting every day until Christmas. That's my kind of advent calendar! (I do hope that all whiskers are still intact!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, xx. (The whiskers are intact!)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous16:05

    Happy Independence Day. I am loving your advent posts, as always. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming to read! xx

      Delete