Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Day 11: (Don't know what to put up here.)


Let’s just call this a day and go to bed!
It has been a long day, when nothing worked just the way I planned. Readjustment has been the word of the day.

What do you do when problem rises… stop, breathe, hold your head in your hands for a while, breathe some more and then gather the crumbs of your plans and thoughts, and make readjustments, then go along, stop again, shake your head, re-evaluate, and continue. Say out loud that it did not work, because you need to hear it to believe, to be able to understand and to find another way.
Nothing big, just one small thing after another. Mother Nature also shoveled lots of snow my way and I have been outside doing the same thing, clearing the steps and walkways. I sincerely hope that snowing stopped for now, for a while at least. So that in the morning, when I go outside again, to shovel snow, there won’t be too much to push away.
To ease the uncomfortable feeling, I knitted a tiny cardigan and made a nice cup of hot, spiced drink.

Tomorrow is another good word.

Wool with you,
Lene

15 comments:

  1. That wee cardigan is beautiful, and that cup is delightful! I hope tomorrow goes more according to plan for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, xx. Today has been so much better!

      Delete
  2. I am so enjoying reading your December posts, and sorry that your day today was full of snow-shovelling and readjusted plans. But the lovely mug with the Hemulen trying to persuade Sorry-oo to play with him (along with the perfect tiny cardigan) certainly brought a smile to my face after a very long uncomfortable day of my own! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Oh! I am so delighted that you know those characters... xx

      Delete
  3. Hang in there! Nothing has to be perfect. You should see the blotches of fabric paint all over the Christmas pinnies I painted today! They are far from perfect, but I am still going to put them to good use at work on Christmas sweater day when my coworkers "forget" their Christmas sweaters. May tomorrow be a happier day for you..with no new snow! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, xx. Christmas pinnies sound good!! There was no more new snow...!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous00:48

    "Mama said there'll be days like this" (song by the Shirelles in the 1960's). Now that song is performing in my head. Luckily, I like it.

    I hope tomorrow is much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, xx. Today is so much better, hope your day is a very good one too!

      Delete
  5. I talk to myself ALL the time, whether things are going well or not. I think it's a function of living alone in the woods with a bunch of animals - I talk to them all the time, too :)
    Here's hoping tomorrow will be a bit smoother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talk to the dogs all the time too... because they seem to be interested in what I am doing and they talk back. Mr Cat is hanging around close by too, but he always has his own agenda that is way more interesting than mine, so we don't discuss that much. Thank you, xx, today is good!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous14:25

    I pray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good approach too, xx.

      Delete
  7. The wee little cardigan is perfect. I am sorry your day was one of lots of readjustments. I have had a few minor annoyances myself and just remind myself to breathe and take one task at a time. Snow shoveling - that is hard work so take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cup. Is it one of the Arabia Moomin collection? I have been collecting the winter ones for many years now but I do not recall that one, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! But I don't remember what year that was...

      Delete