Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Soctober

Thank you for your concern and well wishes while I have been away. And thank you so much for coming here for so many years… I wrote my very first post October 5th 2005! Still knitting, still loving the craft very much, and writing about it. Sometimes though, things get in the way.
These past weeks I have been busy with all sorts of family stuff and I am afraid this state of affairs is going to take me some time yet, but do not worry, I will be back later this month once I get everything sorted as well as I can.
While being away, I have knitted socks, thus the title Socktober. While knitting simple socks, I have been reading (like real books, not the ones in ears) and to spice up this simple craft, I tried to dye few (6 all together) of the dreary looking skeins I had in my stash (they look better in the pictures than in real life).
I am happy with these ones, even though they did not quite turn out like I had hoped for, and I am going to feel good about them as long as they get knitted and… some terrible pooling is going to appear…no doubt!

But I know that all the wonderful hand dyed skeins one finds on line, have taken hundreds of skeins of dyeing and lots of trial and error and I cannot expect to know the craft after a few skeins. But it is going to be interesting knitting them.
I need to go now, be well, see you soon, and wool with you,
Lene

13 comments:

  1. I see real beauty in your dyed skeins, and wish you the best as you sort things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you again and best of luck sorting it all out. Your skeins look beautiful! Looking forward to seeing end results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dyed yarn cakes are so pretty...can't wait to see what they become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, gorgeous colors!! I would like to try dying, but I have not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the colorways are half as pretty as they look in the photos you're going to have some lovely knits. I really love sock knitting. It can be very calming for me. Wishing you the good knits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous19:32

    we keep coming here, because we love you, Lene.

    liesbeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your colors very much! I hope that you find them exceptional as you knit through. I like how reasonable your expectations are!!!! It seems to me that someone like yourself who has the beauty of the Creation in front of you much of your waking hours must be a true colorist! The lake colors must influence you as well as the sun rise and set over the water. I am always eager to see what you are knitting! And I miss you very much when you are absent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are SO beautiful! I'm sure anything you would knit would look magnificent with these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO beautiful! I'm sure anything you would knit would look magnificent with these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pooling.
    Ellen in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous17:13

    It is good, when life stuff happens, to not force yourself to keep up with everything. Taking care of yourself and dealing with what is is the way to get through a difficult time. Today a weather front is coming in and I will spend time in my yarn--doing some sorting, taking stock, matching yarn to projects and, in essence, enjoying the colors, the anticipation and the closeness of doing something I love and it sounds as if you have been able to immerse in much the same manner while you move through what it is that life has brought. Best to you, stay focused, and know that many, many followers of your blog look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your yarn is so very pretty. I love pooling when knitting socks. Also, it is good to take care of yourself and family in whatever way is best for you. The blog readers will be here whenever you are. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can only repeat what I always think: your blog is so very well written and you do so wonderful handicraft that it is always such a pleasure to read your entries...keep up with it, and - hopefully - we hear from you soon. Wool with you, too!!

    ReplyDelete