Monday, October 17, 2011

Dogtree

First of all thank you to you all for your nice comments on the blog-birthday. There would be no point on writing if you were not reading!

I had a lovely weekend - in a crafty kind of way.

I started writing the pattern for the baby hat but as I had a quilt guild meeting in town Saturday, I had to gear myself towards quilting since we were going to spend most of the day sewing. Actually, I was not inspired to quilt at all and did not concentrate too much on the fabric selection on Friday when I was getting prepared for the meeting.

I got up very early Saturday and noticed that I had not seen the newest show on the QuiltShow yet and decided to watch it while drinking coffee to soak up some inspiration.  The show featured DianneHire's work and I did get the inspiration I missed... Dianne Hire's work is very free and colorful and she has all kinds of attachments in her quilts; she calls them "danglers". During the meeting I kept thinking of her work and I had to try the similar approach.

It was very refreshing. I sewed happily through the meeting, once home I kept thinking of the unfinished wall hanging while I worked on the baby hat and first thing Sunday morning I returned to the quilt. I sewed few new blocks in this new liberated form and decided to finish the quilt the same day. I was so happy in the end, that I almost could not sleep last night, I just kept thinking of the wall hanging.

Isn't it wonderful when something just works out and the image just flows out of your brain and your hands just produce this vision?

Here is Monday, new week hopefully full of similar happenings... actually this weekend was a rare treasure, happy accident that occurs just every now and then, but oh it feels so good when it does happen.

Wool with you,

Lene

16 comments:

  1. What a cool quilt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth in Maryland19:46

    Adorable and original! I would know it was yours anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It reminds me almost of an advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous21:12

    Love the quilt. The puppy is adorable. Are those felted balls you used for the embellishments?

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't great when everything just comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous13:57

    Love your new wall hanging. Quite a feast for the eyes! I see something new and different each time I look at it. Hugs to you - kelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing. Somehow, your style still comes through, regardless of the medium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful! And great that it came together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything you touch turnes out to be great! - Lovely work!

    And I can comprehend your feeling after such a creative event...

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are an inspiration...now I want to try quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a lovely wall hanging - congratulations! I have no talent whatever with needle and thread, but as a fiction writer I find myself in the same state of elated sleeplessness after a new story has emerged almost whole. It's a rare gift to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renata01:06

    Love your new masthead, Lene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous07:48

    What a wonderful happy quilt! Looking at it brings joy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw that show, too. Isn't Dianne wonderful? And she lives here in Maine where I live! Love your danglers and doggies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the 6th anniversary!
    I really enjoy reading your blog. Don't feel any (OK not too much) pressure to post. All of your posts are appreciated whenever you can fit us in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty22:33

    I wish you would write a book too! You could write just like you blog and would not have to write about anything special. You are one of those rare writers who could write about making toast and make it seem interesting! I always look you up after I read the Yarn Harlot. And I love your knitting.

    ReplyDelete