First and foremost, the cable that connects this world to yours was fixed yesterday. It was broke for almost two weeks.
And for the second I finally cast off Henry, did the finishing and here he is collecting sun rays in the August afternoon.
Henry VIII A Kit from Virtual Yarns
Our last moments together were quite painful... I even managed to make the most stupid mistake of all... I attached the other sleeve so that the sleeve seam was on the shoulder. Undoing the seam did not improve the quality of this sweater. I knit the sleeve from the cuff upwards and picked stitches from the sleeve opening and did the three needle bind off when attached the sleeves to the body. So that part, three times. Then there are several other mistakes that I have found but let's not discuss about them further.
...because there are really many reasons why I'm quite happy. First of all, this was my first big-scale fair-isle. Knitting this was a challenge for me and I managed. The outcome of workmanship is not nearly perfect, maybe not that good even, but the fair-isle seed is planted.
I feel like I'm becoming a real knitter now. I had lots of tension problems in the beginning but finally when I transferred the stitches to bambu needles, they were more or less solved and I could enjoy the knitting. I tried to knit the sleeves on dpn's but was wise enough to try on two circulars and that was again one step forward. I love drawing and knitting fair-isle is close to drawing so I will continue my journey with knitting pictures.
So this was the final entry on Henry. The first stitches were knit already early in May and he took most of my sparse knitting time during the summer months. When looking back, I don't think I could have spent my knitting time any better or wiser. One final glance and then towards the new beginnings.
PS. The little sock knitting bags are by the Lantern Moon.