First I spun some Merino, singles s, plied as z. I plied a little bit mixing blue and green but mostly kept the colors separate. The yarn came out quite uneven but I did not let it bother me at all. It seems to me that if I don't spin for a long time it sort of goes out of fingers, like piano playing. You have to practise first to get into good shape.
Then I got out my 2.25 mm luxury Lantern Moon needles. And cast on for a glove. I did not think too much beforehand, I had in my mind twined gloves with some embroidery.
Completed the gloves and drew a picture for the Finnish lesson and thought that I would use the same flower motif for the mitten back. But I guess I exhausted myself with that pattern because I did not get it to settle nicely into this glove.
I had to find something else. Did not do any sketch just picked up the needle and did this simple flower...
The cuff felt a bit loose and big so I crocheted a chain.Here the action shoot. (Forgive my worn cardi...)
Why is it that when you really don't try very hard, everything happens so easily. There was no pain (just very little with the first embroidery motif), the gloves just happened. And then on some other time you are fighting the windmills in every possible corner.
I really needed this.
PS. I will update the last post and have the inside of the mitten there soon. The complicated and beautiful mittens were Estonian mittens from last summers Nordic Knitting Symposium that was held in Estonia.