Thursday, December 22, 2005

Grandma Kitty

I can't even start to describe the happy reunion of Grandma Kitty with her Grandson Kille. It was one very joyous Wednesday night. Grandma Kitty was already expected Tuesday night but the temperature was so down she didn't dare to take the bus then. Luckily it wasn't all that cold yesterday and she was able to do the trip. Grandma Kitty moved to town few years ago when she was widowed but she always spends Christmas in the country with her Grandson. I guess that is real Christmas spirit.

But she loves her life in town. She goes to concerts and theatre and she has lots of friends there. Although she has spent most of her life in the country she has never felt like a real "country cat" and over the years she missed the excitement a town has to offer.

When she came yesterday she had her backpack loaded with all kinds of Christmas goodies for Kille and the rest of us.
Can you see the resemblance between these two?

Miss B is delighted to have company for Christmas. She will have plenty of time to chat and knit with her good friend...

4 comments:

  1. My own grandma just arrived for Christmas, so I share in the excitement Kille and Ms. B and the rest of the family are enjoying! Of course, my own grandma would be THRILLED to have a handknit sweater with fur trim and...are those tiny cables I see?! Amazing.

    BTW, I didn't comment yesterday, but I was impressed to see that you had spun all that yarn in such a short time. I boxed and wrapped my daughter's new spinning wheel yesterday and will definitely be introducing her to your blog for a perfect blend of spinning/knitting inspiration and stories that are a pure delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous14:58

    What a lovely story! Thank you for all your daily posts. I have enjoyed them tremendously! You are at the top of my list of inspiring women... hugs to Miss B, Grandma Kitty and Kille!
    Love,
    Janeen >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15:09

    Grandma's bringing goodies at Christmas -- a theme many can relate to! My children's grandma brings apricot rolled pastries for my fmaily, my brother, and my father each Christmas. They do not last long after Christmas :-)
    I'll need to ask her to teach me how to make the apricot rolls. Maybe my daughter, who wants to be a baker when she grows up, will help me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely knitted animals! =D

    ReplyDelete