Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday morning, a good morning



The best time of the day. I am up alone, well, the dogs have done their early morning stuff but they returned  to their mattresses and I get to have my first cup of coffee in quiet.
It is not cold enough to have the need to light the fire, and that is missing from this wintry morning. It is dark and cold, the day stretches ahead, although it is short, I have lots of plans for today. It is the beginning of the day and of the week, I can have all the optimism I need while thinking of the week ahead and I make plans of how much I can accomplish this week and I cast aside all the doubts while looking at my list of to-dos. I love Christmas time; during the rest of the year, I very rarely make lists, but around this time, I get out all the notebooks and start writing lists... I seldom follow them, but it is so pleasing to have them done and to look at them and they do clear the mind and somehow keep the stress away. Every once in a while, I manage to follow my list and it is so gratifying to cross out something that I really should start keeping real lists, with realistic goals. On daily bases.

Thank you for all your comments, I truly loved seeing where you all are. xx I had this image of the world in my head and saw you popping out here and there waving.

Yesterday again we saw a herd of maybe 20 reindeer and we set them afoot while we approached. Ruusu, being a heeler, really loves the feeling. Looking at the smallish dog, you can see her truly growing inches when she sees them all run to the same direction. She has had couple of times when she was allowed into the field with cows and it was fascinating to watch how she managed the herd of them and could make them stop and go to the direction she wanted. Tina, on the other hand, being a hunting dog, followed Ruusu into the field but once the cow took one good look at her, she came as fast as she could from under the fence. But then take her into the woods and she tirelessly seeks and follows tracks while Ruusu eats away all the berries she can find and following her nose towards unknown does not interest her at all when all the blueberries smell so appealingly.
You were curious about the cowl I am working on. I will give you the specs when it is finished, I will find the ball band and the pattern source. The yarn is quite lovely to work with and I love the pattern, it so suits the snowy outside, and would love to find a way to incorporate the pattern into mitts.
And the needle felting tidbits, there are a few books and I will go and find them and list them here.

Not just yet, I will finish my cup, and get on my Monday morning routines. I hope you have a good week, and thank you so much for being here.
xx

Wool with you,
Lene

13 comments:

  1. Lene, What a delightful way to start my Monday morning, drinking coffee and reading about your wintry world. I live in Idaho and the temperature is 22 F right now. No snow, though. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a calm oasis to read about--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me so happy! First of all, puppy noses! Then hearing that you saw actual reindeer, that you make lists, and that you love Christmastime. And THEN, the needle felting!!!!

    I'm in holiday heaven right now, and cannot wait to see what you are knitting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous16:20

    Another lovely, peace-filled post. It gives me such a feeling of calm. Thank you again, dear Lene!
    Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous17:12

    Quiet time first thing early in the morning with a cup of coffee is the best way to start the day.

    I'm curious as to how cold it needs to be for you to start a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list-making philosophy! I make lists because I seem to forget so easily, but like you, it clears my mind to get it all out on paper. We don't have reindeer here in New Jersey in the US, so I also love hearing about them and the peaceful way you live your days and share them with us. Kiitos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth in Maryland21:55

    Lene, thank you for today's post and also the previous one, which I have just read. You always recall me to the beautiful in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gail in Maryland00:52

    I love your whimsical illustrations and how you use your craft to bring them alive. I'm chilly in Maryland and its well above freezing. Your postings always brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures you paint with words are always welcome. They create a calm and peacefulness which I enjoy.

    I’m also a list girl and - like you - once it is written I can organise my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts are so relaxing to read. Envision someone here in Boise, Idaho, waving hello to you :-) Lists are good, especially if you can follow them, which I usually fall short in doing.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lene, so happy to hear we will be hearing from you more often again! I have just subscribed so I won't miss any more posts. Your words and images are so refreshing, so beautifully photographed, and I love the aesthetic that shows in your creations.

    I myself have recently drifted from knitting to crochet and lately to cross stitch, where I've been doodling with geometric shapes like traditional quilt patterns. I love the color play and the crisp outlines.

    Wool, cotton, and silk with you as well!

    Barb, in SE Texas where it snows every ten years or so.

    ReplyDelete